Thursday, February 16, 2006

Things to Do in an Elevator

When there's only one other person in the elevator, tap him on the shoulder and then pretend it wasn't you.

Push the buttons and pretend they give you a shock. Smile, and go back for more.

Ask if you can push the button for other people, but push the wrong ones.

Call the Psychic Hotline from your cell phone and ask if they know what floor you're on.

Hold the doors open and say you're waiting for a friend. After a while, let the doors close, and say, "Hi Greg. How's your day been?"

Drop a pen and wait until someone goes to pick it up, then scream, "That's mine!"

Bring a camera and take pictures of everyone in the elevator.

Move your desk into the elevator and whenever anyone gets on, ask if he has an appointment.

Lay down the Twister mat and ask people if they would like to play.

Leave a box in the corner, and when someone gets on, ask him if he can hear ticking.

Pretend you are a flight attendant and review emergency procedures and exits with the passengers.

Ask, "Did you feel that?"

Stand really close to someone, sniffing him occasionally.

When the doors close, announce to the others, "It'sokay, don't panic, they open again!"

Swat at flies that don't exist.

Tell people that you can see their aura.

Grimace painfully while smacking your forehead and muttering, "Shut up, all of you, just shut up!"

Crack open your briefcase or purse, and while peering inside, ask, "Got enough air in there?"

Stand silently and motionless in the corner, facing the wall, without getting off.

Stare at another passenger for awhile, then announce in horror, "You're one of THEM!" and back away slowly.

Wear a puppet on your hand and use it to talk to the other passengers.

Listen to the elevator walls with your stethoscope.

Make explosion noises when anyone presses a button.

Stare, grinning at another passenger for a while, and then announce, "I have new socks on."

Draw a little square on the floor with chalk and announce to the other passengers, "This is MY personal space!"

10 Comments:

Blogger Matthew Celestine said...

Those are really funny.

God Bless

3:58 AM, February 17, 2006  
Blogger mark pierson said...

Did I just get a glimps into Rosie's sense of humor?

7:33 AM, February 17, 2006  
Blogger Rose~ said...

This had me and John laughing to tears as we read it last night in an email.

8:37 AM, February 17, 2006  
Blogger Matthew Celestine said...

Rosie, how do you know what a cellphone is? They did not have then in those days, did they?

Then again, Rosie, your blogging seems a little anachronistic too.

God Bless

Matthew

11:13 AM, February 17, 2006  
Blogger Kc said...

I have already agreed with your post on the two natures. You didn't have to prove it! (hehe)

At least it's nice not being the only weird person in bloggerville (and I mean that in the nicest way.) ;-)

12:42 PM, February 17, 2006  
Blogger Carey said...

That's hilarious, Rose! I would probably do some of those things just for the fun of it. Thanks for the ideas. *laughs*

7:04 PM, February 17, 2006  
Blogger Rose~ said...

DF,
Cell phone? Isn't that a walkie talkie? Anachronistic? What would you expect from a high school freshman of the year 1980? (probably the year you were born) You remind me of my brothers, but much nicer and you are serious about God and religion.

KC,
I am weird and proud of it. What else can I lay claim to fame by? Is there something else that would make me special? If I can't be special, at least I can be weird.
(that is the freshman in me) ;~)

10:25 PM, February 17, 2006  
Blogger Rose~ said...

Carey,
You and I must enjoy the same weird sense of humor as well! I can easily picture myself doing a couple of those. (Push the buttons and pretend they give you a shock. LOL!)

10:27 PM, February 17, 2006  
Blogger Matthew Celestine said...

Rosie I was born in 1981. Almost right.

11:51 AM, February 18, 2006  
Blogger Rose~ said...

Well how weird, I thought you were twenty-four! You are almost a baby! How crazy.

(rose: How silly of me, Matthew, I forgot it was now 2006. I get confused that way. Old age.)

6:29 PM, February 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home