Tuesday, March 14, 2006

John 1:3-5

3Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

OK, so this is saying that Christ has something to do with the actual creation? I truly have never heard this before. I have always thought of Jesus as being the person that came into existence at the manger with the blessed virgin Mary. I never thought of him as someone that existed before that. To top it off, this is saying that he made everything?

4In him was life, and that life was the light of men.

In him was life. I don't get this. Are we speeding ahead here up to the time when man was created? First it talks about all things were made by him, now it says in him was life that was the light of men. I think maybe we sped ahead a few buzillion years.

5The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.

Huh? Maybe I am in the dark because I don't get that one. It sounds pretty prfound, though. I wish I could understand this a little better. One thing's for sure, I have heard none of this in religious school (that sort of surprises me!) for all 10 years. It is interesting, I have to admit, and I am only just beginning. I think I am going to continue to read this book of John.

(I am growing up fast)

4 Comments:

Blogger Matthew Celestine said...

I am glad you are finding it interesting.

Jesus is life because it is through Him that we can receive eternal life, as a result of His death and resurrection.

He is light because He reveals God to us, through the Word and by His work in saving people.

God Bless

Matthew

11:43 AM, March 14, 2006  
Blogger mark pierson said...

Rosie,

5The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.

What is "the darkness"?
Why do you think the "darkness" has not understood it?

7:54 AM, March 15, 2006  
Blogger Rose~ said...

It is interesting.
Maybe what you are saying, DF will make more sense as I go along.

Bluecollar,
I have no clue. This is all new to me. Do you know?

4:33 PM, March 15, 2006  
Blogger mark pierson said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:01 AM, March 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home